Christmas Countdown Clock

Thursday 9 October 2008

Independence Day #3

I have some (non life threatening) health issues at the moment, which cause lethargy among other things - so not much independence going on here right now! Anyway, this is the round up for this week:
1. Plant Something - nope! not a thing!
2. Harvest Something -
more turnips (2lbs) value £1.50
salad leaves - value 90p
herbs (oregano, chives, basil) - value £1.50
Total saving: £3.90
3. Preserve something - nope! not this week.
4. Prep Something (clean, mend, declutter, organise, learn new skills - be ready for what might come) - Did a little better here ... but not much.
I started knitting again, squares for a shaker-style blanket that I started last year. I only really knit in the winter but I hope to finish it this year!!
I also read about a better way to cast off ... so I tried it, and that is my 'new thing learned' for this week.
I've re-organised all my patterns etc - got rid of the ones I've no desire to make & sorted the rest. Sadly I knit quite slowly, so I don't suppose I'll make many things this winter.
5. Cook Something (experiment for variation!). I have done little more than re-heat this week ... I just lack motivation to do very much at all right now - but we didn't resort to convenience foods - so I guess it's OK.
6. Manage Reserves (don't waste bounty). LOL! lots of leftovers & bulk cooking going on, so that I don't have to think about cooking each day.
7. Work on local food systems (buy local, promote green, give away seeds or plants, start local initiatives) - nope! nothing doing here either!

I guess it's still worth posting progress ... even when there are weeks with little to report!

No comments: