Christmas Countdown Clock

Monday 29 September 2008

Nothing To See Here!

Worked really hard at the weekend - after my trip out on Saturday (which exhausted me for the rest of the day) Sunday was really busy! We managed to get the Blueberry (2), Gooseberry (2 each red & green) & Currant (2 each black & red) bushes planted. Well, I say bushes but they are effectively sticks with maybe a couple shoots on them.
On Saturday night, I spent a good while on the Internet, finding out how far apart all our new goodies will need to be spaced (including the ones we don't have yet) & drew a bit of a plan. The bits of ground that haven't been in use had started to become overgrown with weeds again so there was a lot of prep work to do. I also read somewhere that a mulch of pine needles is good for blueberries, so as I don't have them I thought we'd try the fir-type tree that I killed when re-potting it in the back garden (it died). I'm aware that it isn't a pine tree but I guess it's the same kinda thing ... we'll see! Spent a good few hours collecting the dead leaves from it & have a good bag full ready to mulch with when I have a spare moment.
I have a couple bigger projects to get on to soon ... but they are for another day!
Today, I had to venture into town again - which predictably wore me out for the rest of the day. That did mean tho' that I spent rather more time than is healthy surfing the 'net this afternoon ... and the result is 2 or 3 rather good new links ... just watch them growing! LOL

No comments: