Christmas Countdown Clock

Friday 19 September 2008

From Little Acorns ...

... grow mighty oaks!
In July 2008, I decided that I was no longer prepared to live on the tasteless, not-so-fresh vegetables offered up by supermarkets & that it was time to go back to growing my own. My husband was in agreement & so we started: late in the year for many crops but better to start now than wait until spring ... by which time we might well have forgotten about it - I'm a person that needs to 'strike while the iron is hot'! LOL. Since then, we have talked about the real possibility of maybe one day taking it further: self sufficiency (or as close as possible) & a small holding of our own. We have a long way to go & a lot to learn!
I've been threatening to start this blog since I first spotted Di Hickman's 'green' blog a couple months back - and here it is. Although Di lives in completely different climatic conditions to me, I found her blog useful & inspiring. She is a newbie too & I guess we might well learn a little from each other.
My reasons for blogging my journey are numerous:
  1. I need to have a record of what I'm doing ... it's the sort of person I am;
  2. I am famous for recording info in notebooks, backs of envelopes etc ... & losing them (I guess Blogger is less likely to lose it! LOL);
  3. Blogging allows me to add photos, file everything so I can find the info again & generally organise stuff over & over again;
  4. I'll be able to instantly find the websites, blogs etc that I want (as soon as I set up a link list) &
  5. I love blogging!!
It would be nice to have some company on this looooong path ahead, so I'll be more than happy if people decide to visit here & maybe leave some advice, encouragement or whatever in the comments. Love to chat, me *smiles*.

I guess I have a lot of posting to do to catch up with where I am so far, so there will be a lot of changes here in the next few weeks/months ... & maybe some photos too!

2 comments:

Spot-On said...

yay about time! I'm the same I just like to document stuff, guess that the scrapbooker in us both eh?
I should HOPEFULLY have a vlog post up today! *if I did everything right* lol!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting in the Annon check box. What fun having a garden and I bet Fish is having great fun. I know that the children over here have love the garden we started for them this year. The joy of picking their own cucumbers, beans, tomatoes and watching their sweetcorn, potatoes and pumpkins grow. I see some layouts coming LOL luv Auntie Jane